But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
—Phillipians 4:19
God's Word says that He shall supply all our needs...and He does! Always! Over the course of the past many years, I've come to know my Lord as a Professional Provider. He has always made certain that my very basic needs have been provided for, but tonight I want to share with you what I would call a "trivial provision"—yet a BIG deal for me!
Recently I even thanked Him for a flat tire...that my friend's second grade son helped me change, in the dark. But that is not the subject of this post...pardon my tangent...
Last weekend I spent Saturday prepping 21 hors d'oeurves and desserts for a cocktail party that I catered Sunday evening. Needless to say, by the time I got home and to bed Sunday night, I was exhausted. I happen to have another catering job this coming Monday—feeding 300 for a fundraising banquet for Youth For Christ. I generally don't have such labor-intensive jobs so close together, and I knew that I needed to find a way to make the most of my time.
For the first time ever I used the Fax 'n Pull option at Sam's for the bulk of the food...from the meat (wonderful butcher who cut my chops into specific-sized portions!) to the salad to the veggies and other produce. When I arrived there tonight after work to pick up the order, my eyeballs nearly bulged out of their sockets—there were two flat-bed carts full of boxes....how in the world would I get it all in the car?
I am blessed to have a new Saturn Outlook to drive (another of His provisions!). I knew that I had outgrown my "little" Saturn—Bessie—but never did I think that Aerie (the Outlook) would be on the "small" side for my needs. Tonight, Aerie was packed FULL! Fortunately, a couple of kind Sam's employees were "provided" to assist me in loading up the car. See, a trival provision, but to me, HUGE! But God's provision does not stop there!
After loading up at Sam's, I headed to the church to unload it all and put it in the cooler. As I arrived, one of our maintenance guys was walking down the hall and went to get a flat-bed cart for me to use. When he met me out at my car, he was with the other maintenance guy working tonight. The two of them not only helped me load the cart and take it to the kitchen, but they also helped me unload it onto the rolling food cart that we put into the cooler. WHAT A HUGE BLESSING! What would normally have taken me about an hour or more to do alone—especially as tired as I was to start with—we did in less than 30 minutes. Many thanks to Dan and Rich for their time and muscles, and for allowing the Lord to use them to "provide" for my "trival" need! I am continually amazed at how He provides for needs that I not only do not expect, but that I often don't realize I have! Thank You, Lord, for always being in control!
Recently I even thanked Him for a flat tire...that my friend's second grade son helped me change, in the dark. But that is not the subject of this post...pardon my tangent...
Last weekend I spent Saturday prepping 21 hors d'oeurves and desserts for a cocktail party that I catered Sunday evening. Needless to say, by the time I got home and to bed Sunday night, I was exhausted. I happen to have another catering job this coming Monday—feeding 300 for a fundraising banquet for Youth For Christ. I generally don't have such labor-intensive jobs so close together, and I knew that I needed to find a way to make the most of my time.
For the first time ever I used the Fax 'n Pull option at Sam's for the bulk of the food...from the meat (wonderful butcher who cut my chops into specific-sized portions!) to the salad to the veggies and other produce. When I arrived there tonight after work to pick up the order, my eyeballs nearly bulged out of their sockets—there were two flat-bed carts full of boxes....how in the world would I get it all in the car?
I am blessed to have a new Saturn Outlook to drive (another of His provisions!). I knew that I had outgrown my "little" Saturn—Bessie—but never did I think that Aerie (the Outlook) would be on the "small" side for my needs. Tonight, Aerie was packed FULL! Fortunately, a couple of kind Sam's employees were "provided" to assist me in loading up the car. See, a trival provision, but to me, HUGE! But God's provision does not stop there!
After loading up at Sam's, I headed to the church to unload it all and put it in the cooler. As I arrived, one of our maintenance guys was walking down the hall and went to get a flat-bed cart for me to use. When he met me out at my car, he was with the other maintenance guy working tonight. The two of them not only helped me load the cart and take it to the kitchen, but they also helped me unload it onto the rolling food cart that we put into the cooler. WHAT A HUGE BLESSING! What would normally have taken me about an hour or more to do alone—especially as tired as I was to start with—we did in less than 30 minutes. Many thanks to Dan and Rich for their time and muscles, and for allowing the Lord to use them to "provide" for my "trival" need! I am continually amazed at how He provides for needs that I not only do not expect, but that I often don't realize I have! Thank You, Lord, for always being in control!




1 comment:
Loving this post! You are right, God is always in control. What a great, yet simple, reminder.
Post a Comment