...sort of!
Last night I finished piecing the Double Wedding Ring tablerunner I started this weekend. This was the first time I'd made this pattern, and I must confess, I was a bit nervous as I started "trimming" the blocks as directed...and fearful that they would not come together smoothly and evenly. But the fear was for naught...as it worked well and I'm very pleased with it! I believe that I will machine quilt this one, as time does not allow for me to try my hand at hand quilting, but I hope to hand quilt the other one...someday!
The photos above show the finished tablerunner "top" (on a background of similar color, so you can't really see where the tablerunner ends and the quilt it's on begins), as well as a close up shot that better shows the fabrics used.
This has been a fun project to work on! I love the look of it so much that I'm considering making this pattern in the form of a king-size quilt with intricate hand-work (and possibly beading?) on the rings.



1 comment:
It's beautiful! Welcome to the world of blogging. I can't believe how big Ryan is in those pix!
Post a Comment